Olivia Lopez, a fashion blogger for Lust for life is an island born, California bred girl drawn to far flung places across the world. Here she tells OPI what she loves about the Fiji collection as she gets to know the island.
There’s not a place I feel more at home in then when I’m barefoot by the sea.
Building on this sentiment, last spring I took a trip to Fiji to immerse in the culture and colors of the island that inspired OPI’s Fiji Collection.
On our trip we payed a visit to a Hindu temple, chased waterfalls at sunset, encountered wild horses on the beach, watched glass sunsets loom over the water and procured local produce from the vibrant markets of Nadi.
The iridescent blue waters, vivid red and canary yellow flora are just a few examples of the striking scenery in Fiji that made a paradise palette of colors. In a location so lush and vibrant, I steered away from make up and opted for au natural skin and instead let my manicure be my main accessory. The OPI shades became the perfect accent accessory, adding a pop of color against our tropical surroundings.
1. OPI Fiji Collection – The perfect polish for island adventures
2. Swimsuit – Whether it’s a one piece or a bikini, your swimsuit becomes your island uniform
3. Sandals – A versatile pair of strappy sandals style great with distressed denim and loose, free flowing dresses
4. Basket bag – A beach bag alternative essential for stowing away sunscreen + any poolside essentials
5. Blanket towel – Great for laying out on the beach, and makes for a great cover up/scarf
6. Sunglasses – An island trip wouldn’t be complete without a solid pair of shades
7. Levi’s – Lived in Denim that goes well thread-bare tees or crochet swimsuits